Sunday, January 12, 2014

Haba Clutching Toy Perlina

Haba Clutching Toy PerlinaHaba's Clutching Toy Perlina is the perfect size for tiny hands. It is smaller than many of the clutching toys on the market; the loops on each side of the toy make it easier for little ones to grasp. Further, the colorful beads attract an infant's attention and the various surfaces and shapes provide tactile interest.

The Perlina seems to be very well made; I was unable to stretch or pull the loops on my grandson's toy. The non-toxic dye is fairly colorfast; however, it will become more matte-finished when your little one begins to use this as a teething aid. My grandson loves to gnaw on the blue, flat portion, especially the edges when his gums are sore from teething. The bell does not make a significant amount of noise and appears to be securely fastened in the center of the toy.

Personally, I would use this toy with only one child and would not hand it down to anyone else or donate it to a non-profit. Although the beaded ends and the bell all seem to be securely fastened and unlikely to break loose, I would not take the chance on having the cord on which the beads are strung deteriorate due to storage conditions or break because of use. The parts on this toy are small enough to become choking hazards. It is because of this concern that I rated the Clutching Toy Perlina as a four-star toy and not a five-star toy.

Glad I got this before it could be discontinued. It is very cute. The wooden beads & bell are held on by elastic cords & it seems very durable. I have pulled & pulled & nothing snapped, although at first I was a little leery: If the elastic cord broke there would be around 10 tiny choking hazards all over the place. It's a great toy & my nephew loved it. Havn't had a chance to try it out on our little one yet.

Buy Haba Clutching Toy Perlina Now

No comments:

Post a Comment