Sunday, February 9, 2014

Fisher-Price Go Baby Go! Bat and Wobble Penguin

Fisher-Price Go Baby Go! Bat and Wobble PenguinThis was a compromise when I bought the Fisher-Price Crawl-Along Drum Roll for our daughter (Daddy picked the drum, mommy picked the penguin).

We have had no problems with this toy. You put in the 80's favorite size of batteries (C, nothing else but the Fisher-Price Open Top Take-Along Swing Rainforest and an old boom box run on C batteries) and it's weighted fine. Maybe it didn't pop up because batteries weren't in there. The batteries add weight to make the whole thing work as intended.

It wasn't hard to blow up. The valve is more "industrial" than most valves, so I agree that it takes more than blowing up a small beach ball, but I see that as added quality and not a knock.

The only issue so far, is that at medium range, our daughter is scared of the blasted thing. Close up, she is fine with it. She "bats" it and no problem. Far away, daddy hits it and she laughs. But at two-ish feet, she screams in bloody murder at the scary attacking penguin with the creepy clown-like "huuuuh-huuuh-huuuh-uh-huh" that it makes when "batted."

And the last thing that is just my two cents, but oh well. There is no real educational value to this toy. It's fun. But really, I see it as beginning self-defense training. It says somewhere on the box that it teaches your kid to "bat." What the heck is "batting" but "hitting?" I'm all about the real toys and sick of this PC stuff, which is why I'll train her to kick the thing in a month from her Johnny Jump-Up. But whatever. I thought I'd just add that.

When we got this we assumed that it was like the old style we had when we were younger where you could bat at it and it would fall down and then pop back up. Nope. It would fall down and then just lay there it wouldn't pop back up because of the way the battery compartment was. If you gently tap it with one finger it would wobble, but when my 12 mo old pushed it, it just fell over and did nothing. I had to keep setting it back up. My baby was bored after pushing it over 3 or 4 times. You'd be better off with the older style that doesn't use batteries.

Buy Fisher-Price Go Baby Go! Bat and Wobble Penguin Now

First off, it was difficult to blow up. Then once I had it filled finally...the plug kept popping out. I had to tape it down! The noises it makes are very quiet. And after just a week it started to make an annoying buzzing noise, instead of the intended noises. It was a total waste of time and money.

Read Best Reviews of Fisher-Price Go Baby Go! Bat and Wobble Penguin Here

Our baby took one look at this toy and crawled up on Daddy's head to get away from it. We waited a month and tried again but even at 9 months, the site of the Zombie Penguin as it is now known, was like seeing a clown. Must be the eyes. And the cat can't play with it because the toy falls over when pushed a lays there. I thought it would bounce back up. You can't bat and wobble it cause it just lays there. Tried to give it to a friend but her baby was petrified too. We had to hide him in the closet.

Want Fisher-Price Go Baby Go! Bat and Wobble Penguin Discount?

I bought this for my 11 month old because it reminded me of the blow up penguin that Sid the Science Kid has. My daughter wasn't scared by it like some, but it is not what I was thinking it would be. The bottom of the toy is hard plastic (where the batteries go) and my daughter has toppled on it multiple times and landed face first on the hard plastic! I don't think this toy is particularly safe for little ones because of this. Also, my daughter likes to pick it up by the tufts and slam it down onto the floor. That is fine for carpet but not so good if you have wood floors.

Like another reviewer said, the toy also doesn't pop back up everytime. Sometimes it just stays on it's side.

In summary, if your child is just sitting and not mobile this toy might be okay. If your child can crawl or walk stay away from this toy.

No comments:

Post a Comment