Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Melissa & Doug Dinosaur Grasping Toy

Melissa & Doug Dinosaur Grasping ToyGreat manipulative toy. My nephew enjoys it. I was disappointed to see that Amazon has it listed as 6 months and up and the package says 1 year and up. Not a big deal, but it might matter to someone if they order it for a little one.

I was not disappointed in this grasping toy from Melissa and Doug. Initially I was somewhat concerned about pinched fingers getting caught in joints or bands for hair to get caught in, but we have had no such issues. The dinosaur is very well constructed and there is little to no possibility of pinches. My daughter is easily able to twist and manipulate the individual segments and has remained amused by this toy over the past two months. There have been no issues with chipping paint or broken pieces (this is a toy that stays in her play pen so its survived quite a few tosses onto the hardwood floors).

Buy Melissa & Doug Dinosaur Grasping Toy Now

My son loves this toy. More so to chew on which makes me glad the paint is safe. We take it with us wherever we go and he doesn't seem to get bored of it. It's a low price, too. Bonus!

Read Best Reviews of Melissa & Doug Dinosaur Grasping Toy Here

I recently purchased this toy for my 8 month old son. He has other Melissa & Doug toys that he loves and I was very excited to give him this new toy. When it arrived I was very pleased with the design, bright colors and I was sure he would love it. The first time I gave it to him he was thrilled!!! He loved holding it by the neck and the tail, swinging it around and putting the feet in his mouth. I was very pleased with my purchase and knew that he would get lots of use out of it. Then to my horror I realized that his mouth was full of paint chips!!! He has put the feet in his mouth a couple of times for under a minute total, but that was enough to soften the paint and cause it to start chipping. After taking it away from him I closely examined the toy and discovered that I could remove large chunks by rubbing my fingernail lightly over the surface. I immediately returned the toy for a refund. When packaging this item for return I also realized that the package states that this toy is for 1+ years. The Amazon listing states that it is for 6 months and up. Over all I would not recommend this toy for any young child due to the paint issue, otherwise it would be 5 stars.

Want Melissa & Doug Dinosaur Grasping Toy Discount?

this toy is ok. bigger then i expected and the colors are not as bright (it actually is only painted on front/ backnot edges). it is solid construction and my child loves to chew on it. the problem is that his fingers get pinched in the bends all the time! i thought it was just himbeing that he is 6 mos but my niece is 13 mos and the same thing happens to her. i would say this toy is meant for preschoolersdefinitely not babies!

Save 15% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment