Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Munchkin Deluxe Auto Bottle Warmer, Black

Munchkin Deluxe Auto Bottle Warmer, BlackThis bottle warmer takes forever and I've never gotten it to warm anything in a reasonable amount of time. From my experience (I'm a mother of 2 and I exclusively fed my babies breastmilk and travelled a lot while doing so), there is NO car/portable bottle warmer that can effectively warm milk in a reasonable amt of time (30 to 40 mins is not reasonable when baby is hungry) !!

After trying numerous travel warmers in vain, I finally figured out a simple way that really works.

I use a wide mouthed vacuum thermos flask and fill it up with very hot water. When baby is ready for bottle, I place the bottle right inside the thermos flask and cover the lid for about 4 to 5 minutes. The result is perfectly warmed up milk !!

Some tips:

I have the Ozark trail Vacuum bottle (bought it at Walmart for under $20)

U can find any wide mouthed vacuum flask that works for u

I can fit a Dr.Browns 4oz bottle (without the nipple and cap) or a medella 5oz bottle (used with medella pump) inside it. With the Dr.Brown's bottle, I remove the nipple and cap and place it in with just the stopper I do securely close it with stopper and the rim so there is no risk of either milk spilling or worse yet water getting inside bottle. Its also possible to use the medella bottle cap securely on Dr.Brown's bottle. After warming, I fit in the nipple.

While placing bottle in flask for warming, I use just the top lid of the flask and do not use the mouth portion : it allows me extra height to fit bottle in. I do use the flask mouth and all its pieces to securely carry the hot water but while warming, I remove the mouth and use just the bottom and lid.

I boil water on stove top so it stays very hot (rather than just filling hot water from the tap). I usually take refrigerated breastmilk (if frozen, I thaw it a little to make it liquid).. I carry the milk with a cooler and ice pack so it stays cool and fresh until I am ready to thaw it in the flask.

Fill flask with very little water, so that when bottle is placed inside, excess water doesn't fall out

This method is so much more reliable, simple and portable (u don't even need to be near a car) and it really really works.

I hope this helps other moms/dads out there !

I can't believe that other reviewers gave this item one star! I use Avent bottles with it and it works great. My only complaint is that sometimes it works too well and makes the bottle too hot. I used another bottle warmer with my older kids, but it took forever and just didn't get the job done. This one is fast. Another great feature is that after the bottle is warm, you can stow the cord in the back and take the bottle in the thermal case with you (as we often do to a restaurant). And it fits in my cupholder while heating!

Buy Munchkin Deluxe Auto Bottle Warmer, Black Now

It will keep an already-hot bottle warm, but it will not heat a bottle up, which was disappointing. I guess I can still use it to keep bottles warm for short trips.

Read Best Reviews of Munchkin Deluxe Auto Bottle Warmer, Black Here

I've never written a product review before, but this product was such a disappointment, I wanted to spare other moms... As a previous poster noted, the heating wrap gets warm, but never warm enough to heat the contents of a bottle. After 45 minutes, our formula had inched its way up from cold to barely room temperature, and after that much time, I started to worry about food safety. Going through the Starbucks drive-through and asking for an extra cup of piping hot water to warm a bottle in is more practical than using this product.

Want Munchkin Deluxe Auto Bottle Warmer, Black Discount?

We received this as a baby gift from our registry selection. The concept is great, but the execution is lacking. If you have a cold bottle, you can expect to wait 30-40 minutes before the bottle is barely warm enough for the baby. We drove to Huntsville last weekend and knew that our daughter needed to eat in an hour. Rather than waiting until she was ready to eat to start warming the bottle, we started warming it an hour ahead of time. It was warm enough by then. You definitely don't have to worry about the bottle getting too hot. You would have to drive 4 hours for that, although I've not confirmed it. =)

We have a DC power inverter and I tried plugging in our regular bottle warmer but all it did was blow the fuse. Now I'm searching for a better alternative than the Munchkin Deluxe Bottle Warmer that I'm reviewing here.

No comments:

Post a Comment