Friday, February 21, 2014

Sleep Buddy ~ Sleep Training System for Toddlers & Pre-schoolers

Sleep Buddy ~ Sleep Training System for Toddlers & Pre-schoolersPurchased this for my boys room (3 and 2 years old) so that they would know when it was time to get up in the morning. The price was a bit high but we decided to go for it after reading some reviews on other websites. The product is very well made, has a quality feel and is easy to use (although a battery backup would be nice) it has taken several 3-year-old prompted flights across the room without damage. We have been using it for about 6 months now and overall I have been very pleased. We don't really use it for the going-to-bed time (because we aren't that consistent about bedtime), however we do use and enforce it in the mornings. The light instantly solved the issue of my 3 year old coming into my room every 5 minutes in the morning and asking if it was "time to wake up yet" (worth the money for this alone). It did take some time and consistent enforcement to get him to stay in bed until the light was out, and he still needs a reminder every once and awhile. He now knows that he can turn his light on and read in his bed until the sleep buddy goes out. My now 2 year-old (26 months) is just starting to understand the light and that he needs to stay in bed until it goes out; when be bought it we was only about 20 months old and the light was not effective at all (some other parents may be better at this than I). We appreciate the sleep buddy enough that we now take it on vacation with us (along with a noise maker which I would love to see incorporated into the sleep buddy). Overall I would recommend this product.

We absolutely cannot live (or sleep) without the Sleepbuddy! I'm not sure how or why it works so well, but it is truly AMAZING! It's an instant cue for my kids to get in bed, stay in bed, and go to sleep! I'm writing this review because we used the SleepBuddy for a long time and it worked great. It wasn't until we put it away for a couple weeks (thinking they didn't need it anymore) that we realized that the SleepBuddy truly was the key and tool to having great sleepers! Literally, the morning after we put our SleepBuddy away the kids were in our room at 6:30am on the dot. This was not a typical routine with the SleepBuddy set. We would have nice, long, quiet mornings without a peep in the house! For a week or two we didn't even make the connection that the early waking was directly related to the SleepBuddy being put away. Then it dawned on me that it was probably the absent SleepBuddy. That very night we got the SleepBuddy back out, we set it up before bed, read the book, and all three kids were quiet in their rooms until 8am! I promise I'm not exaggerating! Two week without the SleepBuddy and they were up at the crack of dawn. The first night back and we got a couple more hours of sleep:) That was definitely a happy realization in our house. Yet another perfect example of how awesome the SleepBuddy System is and proof that it actually works! We will no longer sleep without the SleepBuddy. I'm convinced my kids can use it until they go to college and I wouldn't even care! Like I said, an AMAZING product. I recommend it to everyone I know. Thank you SleepBuddy!

Buy Sleep Buddy ~ Sleep Training System for Toddlers & Pre-schoolers Now

I purchased the Sleep Buddy directly from their website at 4AM a month ago after another sleepless night. Our 3-year-old daughter had been waking up at all hours of the night, refusing to go back to sleep, and would not stay in her bed. We were at wits end and were willing to try anything.

The Sleep Buddy arrived wrapped and my daughter and I opened it. We read the book, went over the Reward Chart, promised Chuck-e-Cheese as an incentive, etc. I plugged it in, set it up, and we gave it a try. For the first few nights, it took a lot of reinforcement and we wondered if we simply purchased a $45 night light on a timer . . . but eventually it worked! She stayed in her bed and slept the night! We could always point to that blue shining dome and reinforce that she should stay in her bed. We could refer to the boy from the book and how he stayed in his bed.

It wasn't until last week that she wet the bed. We had her potty trained since she was 2 and a half and she has access to a toilet at night. She had been using the toilet at night without a problem up until last week. When I asked her why she didn't get up and go, she pointed to the Sleep Buddy and said, "The Sleep Buddy was on!" And she was right. The storybook that comes with the Sleep Buddy depicts an older boy receiving the Sleep Buddy from his mother and staying in his bed when the light is blue. There is no page that says it's OK to get up and use the potty if you have to go. It needs to be added, especially since this is marketed for kids up to 6 years of age.

Overall, I am happy with the Sleep Buddy. I would have paid anything to get my daughter to sleep through the night, so the $45 shipped cost, while high, was worth it to me. I've also added pages to the book myself that says it's OK to use the potty at night. A girl version of the story would make it that much better!

Read Best Reviews of Sleep Buddy ~ Sleep Training System for Toddlers & Pre-schoolers Here

I love this sleep buddy, much better quality than the stop light. We set it up differently than the instructions, so that the light comes on in the morning instead of being on all night. My daughter doesn't sleep with a night light so that made more sense. She now wakes up saying the light is on come get me please and the sticker chart works like a charm. She is trying so hard to get her present for making it a whole month without yelling for us before the light comes on. It has changed our life. Thank you sleep buddy.

Want Sleep Buddy ~ Sleep Training System for Toddlers & Pre-schoolers Discount?

I recommend this product to anyone who has a kid that likes to get up during the night! My daughter really enjoyed the book and the reward chart is great too. This has totally helped keep her in place at night and in the morning until the sleep buddy light turns off. I like how this is a gentle blue glow, and even has a dimmer switch hidden inside with the parental controls. This is a great system that helps take the guess work out of this parenting challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment