Friday, February 14, 2014

VTech - Musical Bubbles Octopus

VTech - Musical Bubbles Octopus***UPDATE on 4/1/2011***

Below you can read my original review, it was a 5 star review but now I have changed it to 3. Why the change to 3 stars...because they stopped working after a couple months of use...yes, I said they because after the 1st one stopped working we bought a second one since my girls loved the bubbles so much(and the first one had fell in the water one time but the 2nd one did NOT) With the first unit at first it was great, it made TONS of bubbles(as I stated below) even with cheap/crappy bubbles. It burns through batteries really quickly...my girls did use this everyday but for no more than 30 minutes at a time, most of the time less than that. If the batteries are weak, it will not blow bubbles so we were changing batteries a LOT. But soon, it wasn't even a battery problem, the bubble blower just wouldn't turn, it kept getting stuck when it did turn and it just wasn't blowing enough air to actually blow the bubbles. The rest of the machine works but not the bubble maker which is the whole reason to buy this toy. So we bought a 2nd one, I used good bubbles(good bubbles make even MORE bubbles, btw) and several times washed the bubble part. The new one still runs out of batteries super fast and it has already stopped blowing bubbles most of the time. It will occasionally start to turn and blow bubbles for a few minutes and then it will stop again...I didn't buy this for only a few minutes of occasional bubbles. So, based on the fact that 2 of them have quit working in such a short time, my review is now a 3 star and I would NOT recommend buying this toy now. I think we are going to buy our girls the Yookidoo Flow 'N' Fill Spout just search around for cheaper prices! I hate that these toys aren't better made because my girls really enjoyed them...and Vtech customer service is the worst, you may as well talk to the wall as opposed to trying to get any help from them.

**Original Review**

My girls received this as an early 2nd Birthday gift. They love taking baths and they are obsessed with bubbles. The instructions say to use a good bubble solution for best results but we only had some cheap, kind of crappy bubbles to use(it doesn't come with any bubbles so make sure you get some). WOW! I was amazed at the TONS of bubbles this thing makes, it just keeps blowing more and more bubbles. I'd say the bubbles are about the size of a quarter.

As another reviewer stated, this does need to be place somewhere that it can be suctioned on the wall AND sitting on a shelf. It only has 2 suction cups but it needed to have at least 3. Our shelf is low so the bubbles blow out right at eye level when my girls are standing and since they are curious critters they stand with their face right in front of the blowing bubbles and often get bubbles in their eyes. They also like to stick their fingers into the wands while the bubbles are coming out. After that bath we decided to try and move it a little higher so it would be out of eye level and they couldn't stick their fingers in the wands. About 5 minutes later we heard a thud and realized this had fallen off the wall. It fell and was completely submerged in water for several minutes but it still works perfectly fine. So it definately has to be place on the shelf, I would not want it falling on my daughters heads because it is kind of heavy and would definately hurt.

The 2nd time my girls used this they no longer tried to stick their fingers in the wands, they still stuck their faces in the direct path of the bubbles but they just think it is a blast. Their heads and bodies get covered in bubbles.

The 3rd time they used this they no longer stick their faces in the bubbles. They turn it on immediately when they get in the bath and if he turns off(if he isnt being touched to reserve battery life) they push the button to turn him right back on. They catch bubbles with cups, sing songs to the tunes and just love all the bubbles. If crappy bubbles make this many I can only imagine what a good bubble solution makes. My girls already loved bath time but this has only added to their fun and creativity in the tub!

My daughter just got this toy for her second birthday. I was very excited to use it because she loves bubbles, music, and bath time so this seemed like the perfect toy for her. She absolutely loves it! It blows TONS of bubbles and plays lots of music. I expected there to be an issue because it's not supposed to be "fully submerged" in water (it is to be suctioned to the side of the tub) but my daughter never tried to pull it down, she just reached up to press the buttons and then giggled when the bubbles sprayed her! The only problem I had with this toy is that you cannot just suction cup it to any part of the tub. It pretty much has to have a ledge underneath it or it will fall down. Once we found the right spot for it it stopped falling down and now I have to say it was my daughter's favorite birthday present!

Buy VTech - Musical Bubbles Octopus Now

I couldn't get it to stay on the tub wall. It kept falling in the water. My son likes to play with it on the floor, but the bubble part only works if it is upright. Since I can not get it to say upright we only use it as a music toy and can not use the bubble machine.

Read Best Reviews of VTech - Musical Bubbles Octopus Here

This is literally the biggest piece of garbage I have ever ever bought! The bubble part of it is constantly breaking! I actually returned my original "broken" octupus for a new one and that one stopped making bubbles as well! We tried everything...new bubbles, different location, etc.. all in all just a piece of garbage. I wrote to VTech and their customer service was ATROCIOUS! Told me to replace batteries, clean compartment w/an eraser, and to switch the on/off buttn 40 times...sadly I have a job and children so am unable to devote such time to fixing a poorly manufactured toy!

Save your money and for $6 buy Gymboree Bubbles..now those are impressive!

Want VTech - Musical Bubbles Octopus Discount?

This toy could be a fun toy for toddlers in the bathtub; however, it has some major problems in my opinion. First off, it is very heavy, and no matter the surface, it will not stay stuck! This can be dangerous if it falls off and hits a young child, which it almost did with my 13 month old granddaughter. The small suction cups are not strong enough to adhere it to the bathtub OR the tile wall. And, when it falls, all of the liquid bubbles spill into the tub. I don't recommend it for children!!

No comments:

Post a Comment