Thursday, March 27, 2014

Fisher-Price Discover 'n Grow 2-in-1 Musical Mirror

Fisher-Price Discover 'n Grow 2-in-1 Musical MirrorI am a little torn about this toy. I usually love products that show some versatility, and can be used at various times, in different ways. Well, this toy didn't show any versatility whatsoever. The least I can say about the music is that it is very 'blah'. Just the same 3 songs over and over again, and they last about 5 seconds each.

I originally purchased it as a crib mirror. When I was pregnant I heard from many people that newborns can benefit a lot from looking at themselves in a mirror, even if they don't know that it's their own image they see. So I looked for a mirror, preferably a soft one since I was going to use it with a very young baby. I chose that one because of the large size of the reflecting zone, and because it was matching the theme of the nursery. Shortly after I gave birth I realized that people were right: before she was 2 weeks old she would a;ready stare at it for long minutes, and after she got 2 months old, she started smiling whenever she saw her reflection. But that's about all there is to it as far as she was concerned. She stopped having any interest for it after she got 4-5 months old.

So even though I found it limited in its functionality, I must admit that it did a great job for the purpose we originally bought it for. So I felt that it would be unfair to give it less than 4 stars. If you are looking for a safe mirror which appeals to a newborn, that's definitely the one you need. For a 'toy' per se, even for a tummy time mirror, that's not the one I would have picked. For a tummy time mirror I would recommend the FP Baby Go! Crawl Along Snail.

Mirror scratches way to easily. Like the options for use. Nice size to mirror. Music "box" annoying but appeals to baby.

Buy Fisher-Price Discover 'n Grow 2-in-1 Musical Mirror Now

We bought this mirror because our almost 3-month old son hates being on his tummy and lifting his head up. He can do it, but he hates it. If we use this mirror, it seems to help! It's great because it stands on its own, has toys on the side that baby can grab onto, and the musical fish is genius the sounds usually persuade him to crane his head up. The only thing I dislike about it is that the black fabric of the penguin attracts dog hair like the plague. Overall it is a great product for tummy time, and playtime in general. Something about those mirrors, babies love them!!

Read Best Reviews of Fisher-Price Discover 'n Grow 2-in-1 Musical Mirror Here

This is a simple, but cute toy. Bought it for my 7 month old for Christmas who is now one and she still loves it, especially the detachable music box.

Want Fisher-Price Discover 'n Grow 2-in-1 Musical Mirror Discount?

Our daughter loves this toy and it truly does help with tummy time. It keeps her engaged talking with the "other baby" and she would stay on tummy time longer. Now that she is rolling around, she still enjoys to play with this. And as she realizes that the button on the whale plays music she is even happier. Also, this plays different music than all of her Jungle toys (THANK GOD!) so mom and dad finally get some variety!

No comments:

Post a Comment