Friday, March 28, 2014

Just Kidz Starter Learning Board

Just Kidz Starter Learning BoardOne of my twins was delayed about 18 months and still not speaking at 3 and a half. He does play with this toy constantly. Recently he was using this toy with the Shapes, Alphabets, Numbers and pictures of Objects and it speaks to you in multiple facets. It explains the visuals mentioned earlier and another category will test him. While testing the voice will then convey to him if he has the correct answer by saying "Well done" or "Perfect" or "Good Job" then reaffirm to him his correct choice by describing the visual. If he chooses the wrong answer he will hear her offer to "try again", only once, then give him the answer if it's an incorrect choice. The voice will ask the user to press the correct Shape, Alphabet, Number or pictures of objects Randomly!

Well this afternoon I was at my desk working when I realized I was hearing, in succession, "Well done" or "Perfect" or "Good Job" and it prompted me to go see what he was really doing. I ended up sitting down with him and the toy marveling at what he was accomplishing. He didn't miss one answer! Without any help from us he has learned 4 basic Shapes, the entire Alphabet, Numbers up to ten and 26 pictures of objects totaling 66 items! Remember it is random. For the shapes it will show a tree and ask what shape is it and he answered correctly; a triangle. Heck, I couldn't figure out the shape of a leaf fast enough....it's a heart. When asking for numbers it does not show the number until he has entered it. Although I was reaffirming myself with excitement for him the boy was totally nonchalant about the exercise, as if there was nothing to it.

His brother, who is not delayed cannot complete this test.

No comments:

Post a Comment