Friday, April 4, 2014

Fisher-Price Kick and Learn Piano

Fisher-Price Kick and Learn PianoThe product was just as I had expected. The baby, 4 months old, kicked the heck out of it. He has made his way down to the end of the crib in the middle of the night to play. I would suggest turning it off at nightime if you want to get some rest.

The only drawback I found was the volumn could be a little stronger it is too low for my liking.

HI all,

I rarely take the time to write reviews, but I want to put this here like a warning for other parents who use this piano or are about to buy it.

We got it when our daughter was 3 months (it states 0+ months) and it has been entertaining her since lots, she loves to play with it! Loves the lights and the sounds.

It is not as durable as expected, threads from the filling inside were coming out right from the first week. It is padded, but it is still quite hard when a baby drops their had on the key's. Padding should be improved.

However the biggest problem is that orange, standing out, cutting switch on the right side. It is rounded down, but is sticking out made of hard plastic. I had my thoughts on it from the start, I imagined how our daughter could fall on it, since infants drop their head abruptly when still learning head control. Worse, she is now 6 months and is falling over from her sitting positions. I should have trusted my instinct from the beginning and removed it, but I didn't. Despite being next to her as she was sitting and playing, touching the keys and the lights, she fell over and hit her cheek on the switch! It swell and she has a bruise now. I dare not imagine what could have happened, if she would have hit her eye!!

I am taking this piano away.

I am surprised that Fisher Price would make this crucial mistake and put such a standing out cutting switch on an infant's toy! I am going to send a complaint to them as well and hopefully they will either recall or improve their product.

Hope that helps other parents.

Buy Fisher-Price Kick and Learn Piano Now

No comments:

Post a Comment