Thursday, May 1, 2014

Fisher-Price Soothing Motions Glider

Fisher-Price Coco Sorbet Soothing Motions GliderMy wife and I were deciding between a Fisher Price two-way swing or this two-way glider as our "tool" to help put our newborn to sleep when she's less than cooperative. In the end, we decided on this "glider" because of the ability to pick it up and move it around. Here are my thoughts: (1) at first, I thought it was more like a solid infant car seat with a motor attached beneath. It is not. It's just a hammock draped over a tubular metal frame--quite flimsy. But it gets the job done. (2) The arch from which the toys dangle is NOT a handle that you can use to move it; it's just a non-weight-bearing tube from which the toys dangle. To move it, you grab two handles at the ends of the seat. (3) The motor is much quieter than what I expected after reading some of the reviews here. Maybe in a very quiet room, the motor noise may be noticeable. But the "noise" is never annoying or intrusive, and it doesn't disturb baby. (4) The faster of the two movement speeds is probably about right; any much faster and baby's head would get jolted back and forth. The slow setting is very slow. (5) The seat is rotatable 360 degrees, so the back-and-forth movement is not just limited to 2 positions. (6) The music tends to be on slightly louder side even on the softer setting, but it's not a big deal. (7) As with all such seats, baby's back is slightly arched, and I'm not sure it's healthy for baby to sleep long term day in and day out in this posture. But for calming baby to put her to sleep, it's fine.

My wife and I went back and forth between this and the portable swing ( fish theme). I am so glad we chose the glider. My son LOVES it. He has hated his crib from day one so the only thing that gets him to sleep through the night is the glider. I wish they made an adult sized one sometimes, it looks comfy and the gliding motion is pretty smooth. The motor might seem a bit loud but I think my son finds it soothing. It runs fairly constantly and we are only on our second set of batteries (first set was cheapies and they still lasted a decent amount of time).

This is one item I would buy again!

Buy Fisher-Price Soothing Motions Glider Now

Much like the other reviewers, our son was only able to sleep in his car seat or swing (due to reflux) and for no more than a two to three hour stretch at night. I saw this glider in an insert in Baby Magazine and hoped it was the answer to our prayers. It was! The first night we tried it out our son (eight weeks old) slept for six and a half hours!

Nearly two months later he is still sleeping in it for eight to nine hours a night! We have a "mini co-sleeper" attached to our bed and the glider fits in it perfectly. If he starts to stir or is startled by something, I just reach over and turn the glider on and he falls back to sleep!

Since we bought this glider, we have gone out of town twice and did not even consider leaving it at home. Yes, it is big and not the easiest thing to travel with but the sleep we get each night is well worth the trouble. He will be four months old tomorrow and I am dreading the day that he outgrows it. Hopefully by then he will have also outgrown his reflux.

The Soothing Motions Glider is wonderful and we credit it for the return of our sanity!

Read Best Reviews of Fisher-Price Soothing Motions Glider Here

The good: The gliding mechanism in our unit has lasted six months. I never thought it would make it that far! The sound quality of the music is very good. This is a very good little bed for newborns, I must say.

The bad: The gliding motion is too slow even on the fast setting (icon of a hare versus a tortoise, or low). To actually rock a baby to sleep the gliding needs to be faster. There is no calming vibration option, a huge omission.

The ugly: I would say the correct price for this glider is $45 or less.

Want Fisher-Price Soothing Motions Glider Discount?

We have this glider in a different color scheme and it is FANTASTIC. My children loved to sleep in it. I got many extra hours of sleep thanks to this. Love it!!

Save 14% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment