Thursday, May 8, 2014

Phoenix R/C Pro Simulator V4.0 w/DX5e

Phoenix R/C Pro Simulator V4.0 w/DX5eYear 1990 I last flew a Radio Control airplane. The Phoenix simulator is amazing ralistic practise getting me ready to fly my 22 lb, twin engine, 9 ft wing span model airplane again. I purchased the Phoenix simulator software in a box with transmitter and USB cable connecting the transmitter to the computer. I have 5 favorite models that I practise on ranging from Cesna 185 trainer, F-16 ducted fan, a bi-plane, and a fully aerobatic advanced stunt aircraft. I believe my re-training is nearly as good on the simular as at the flying site. I am thrilled with the realism and the practise.

The Pheonix Simulator runs on Windows 7. However, my host computer is a MacBook Pro 17" notebook running Microsoft Windows 7 under Parallels Virtual machine. The 2012 MacBook Pro has graphics acceleration, 8 GBytes main memory, Intel i7 quad core CPU clocked at 2.4 GHz, and a larger 22" high resolution expansion screen attached where the airfield and aircraft are viewed. The CPU performance monitor shows that all four i7 CPU cores are as much as 50% loaded where more than half of the CPU loading is system overhead that includes the Parallels virtual machine processing required to make Windows 7 run on the MacBook. Running Pheonix on a Windows 7 computer or on a Mac using Bootcamp should reduce the overhead.

Good Graphics acceleration is surely required. I experience no pauses or interruptions to the audio or visual simulation. The installation was faultless which is one reason I bought the transmitter and adapter cable with the software all in one package. Pheonix has done an excellent job making the product easy to install and to begin RC flying.

I am a 100 hour pilot of real air planes and estimate 400 hours (long ago) RC flyer. The feel of each model seems true to life, where power (thrust), weight, wing loading, aerodynamics, sound, visual affects, graphics design, physics are all accounted for. Good unrealistic features are the engines and motors run perfectely, never run out of fuel or battery power, and crashes don't break your heart. However, good landings are just as beautiful (and difficult) as the real thing.

I'm still a new Phoenix user and have not explored all that the simulator can do (like multiple fliers, pilot view, etc). I've used it for 6 hours and feel confident I can get my big aircraft up and back down in one piece. I've learned to control the power better than I used to. Recommend choosing the viewing option to keep the ground in the field of view. I love the product. It has worked flawlessly.

This is a great product. Very realistic. Will be evaluating flight dynamics against some actual models but so far, I'm pleased with this simulator.

Buy Phoenix R/C Pro Simulator V4.0 w/DX5e Now

This is a good way to learn how to fly RC airplanes and helicopters. Just what you will save in crash repairs makes it worth it!

The other main simulation product is also good, but its controller is only for PC usage, whereas this one includes a "real" Spektrum Dx5e radio which means that you can then buy BNF aircraft and not have to buy another radio.

The only caveat is tat the Dx5e is a good quality but fairly basic radio, and if you want to go up into computer mixed radios you will have to buy another one at sometime, but at least this will get you started. The fancier radios are significantly more expensive, so try this first to see if you really like this hobby.

I did find that if your airplane gets very far away it is hard to see and keep visual orientation on the screen, and while that is a real-life issue in RC flying, the limited resolution on computer screens exacerbates it.

One downside for me was that it did not have my actual RC Helio (the msrX), but since it is very new, I still hope they will add it, and they did have its very similar predecessor the msr.

Run the simulator on a laptop and connect the output to a big-screen TV; now that's a great toy!

Read Best Reviews of Phoenix R/C Pro Simulator V4.0 w/DX5e Here

very pleased with the simulator and fast shipping.:)this sim will save me tons of money in repairs and the helicopters fly like the real ones. good graphics as well.

Want Phoenix R/C Pro Simulator V4.0 w/DX5e Discount?

If you are planning on getting into RC flying, this is a must have. I have flown rc planes for about a year but after flying on this simulator I have done much better when I fly for real. I really believe that if you have never flown an rc plane you could use this simulator for a few hours then go out and fly a plane with no problem at all. It is so real expecially when your using the same transmitter (or close to it ) that you would be flying with, not using a mouse and keyboard to fly is why this is so life like.

Save 30% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment