Thursday, June 19, 2014

Bell Infant Mini Helmet

Bell Infant Mini HelmetI never imagined how difficult it would be to find a bike helmet for my daughter, who just turned 1. Every helmet I find from the reputable brands (Bell, Gyro, Schwinn) are always advertised for ages 3 and up, and although my darling girl did inherit her father's larger than average head, the "toddler size" helmet just seemed too large and heavy for her. I came upon this helmet at a local sporting goods store yesterday, and it fits my girl perfectly!!! The only thing I had to do was adjust the chin strap to be a little tighter, and it's perfect! She even likes it, which surprised me, since she DOES NOT like hats, bows, etc. on her head. The buckle seems to be a great design that will eliminate the risk of pinching her. I also like the flashers/reflectors on the back, as an added visibility factor. We tried her in her bike seat, and it seems like it will work out great. We are all looking forward to our first family bike ride, and since we are in Florida, and it's 80 degrees in December, that may even happen this weekend! Kudos to Bell for what seems to be a great helmet for our smallest rider.

No comments:

Post a Comment