Friday, July 4, 2014

Fisher-Price Discover 'n Grow Kick and Play Piano Gym

Fisher-Price Discover 'n Grow Kick and Play Piano GymMy wife and I purchased this play mat for our 3 month old daughter, Maggie, and she absolutely loves it. Previously, Maggie would need to be constantly held, but now she will happily spend over an hour or more kicking and playing on this gym. Also, her hand-eye coordination has improved dramatically. I have included a short video of her playing on this gym for the first time. Highly recommended!!

My 2.5 month old immediately loved this product from day 1, and can be entertained for 30 mins-1 hr at a time! For that reason alone, I should be giving it 5 stars; however, from the perspective of a parent who does not have room for zillions of toys at home, I'm only giving it 3 stars because I was hoping it would replace a standard activity gym but it doesn't. The mat is too small for baby to do anything except lay on her back and look up at the mirror and the dangling toys, which is fine for now but not when she becomes more active and starts to roll and move around. It's also not great for tummy time because there's not enough interesting details on the mat to promote tummy time activities. As baby grows longer, the mirror will no longer be positioned correctly for her to view herself and to still kick the piano keys with extended legs. Perhaps I am expecting more longevity out of this toy than I should be, but I do not want to pay 50 bucks for something that lasts a couple months. It is also annoying to put away or even move from room to room-it basically has to be disassembled because the arch/piano/mat do not connect well together.

Buy Fisher-Price Discover 'n Grow Kick and Play Piano Gym Now

Our baby loves to kick and move his legs, so after looking at dozens of play gyms, I wanted this one, but it wasn't out yet. We waited for it and are so glad we did. He LOVES it! The toys are great and varied, the mirror is a lot of fun for him, and the kick piano is genius. He is able to make his own music and it plays little songs (but not too long for Mom and Dad's ears) that keep him entertained. It also has lights on the piano. We also like the conversion to tummy time, which is not our son's favorite thing, but the toys and especially mirror help him stay on his belly just a little longer. I look forward to being able to flip the piano for when he is older and like that it will grow with him. For the same price as a lot of other play gyms (and less than some) you get all these features. We are very happy with our purchase. The battery life is really long, too, on AAs, which was a nice surprise for us. We've only changed them once in 3 months of daily use. I highly recommend it.

Read Best Reviews of Fisher-Price Discover 'n Grow Kick and Play Piano Gym Here

I will have to write a follow-up review once I've had this for a few months, but I just received it today and am so excited that I wanted to share with anyone that is considering this my thoughts on this product. I read a few reviews on this before I bought it, but I was sold just by looking at the pictures. My son is 2.5 months old and has been a mover for some time. He was very active in my belly too. He loves to kick and for the longest time I had a ball that rattles that I'd put at his feet in his bassinet and he'd kick it around for up to 30 minutes. I was looking for some toys that would be more interactive and this is just the thing for him. The mirror that hangs down is great. As soon as I put him on the mat (on his back) he was looking at himself and smiling. He is using both arms and playing with all of the dangling objects. He's kicking up a storm and cooing and having a grand old time. The 4 white piano keys are perfect size for his feet. It's durable and appears to be able to take the beating it needs to. It comes with AA batteries already in it (3) so no need to rush to the store to try this new toy out. The mat has four loops (2 on either side closer to the piano) for attaching toys. The beam has two positions in which it fits into the side part that holds it stationary. I haven't put him on his belly yet with this because he loves to kick so much but he's in the beginning phase of crawling and can hold his head up so I'm sure he'll like tummy time on this as well. The mirror will be just what he needs to keep him occupied while he learns to push up. I have nothing bad to say about this. If you have a little one that loves to kick, this is the best toy out there that I've found so far. If someone knows of one better than this, please comment. I'm always open to new suggestions!

Want Fisher-Price Discover 'n Grow Kick and Play Piano Gym Discount?

My son is 4 months old and LOVES this toy! He will play with it for hours. He is able to reach the toys to play with them and he loves to kick his feet. I wish they made more toys like this!

Save 15% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment