Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Fisher-Price Walker-To-Wagon

Fisher-Price Walker-To-WagonWe bought this for our 9-mo. old son, who is now 12 mos. old. He loved it from the start, and still plays with it. It is stable enough that he can pull himself up without the walker tipping over--he can actually walk all around it, holding on to the handle from different angles, without it tipping.

I don't understand the reviewer here who complained of "sharp parts" and not enough room for legs/feet when configured as a walker. Our son is big for his age, and he has no trouble walking comfortably behind the walker. (In fact, our 4 year old has no trouble, either.) As for "sharp parts," there are none. This is a perfectly safe toy.

Bottom line: both our kids love it, and they play with the various spinning balls, flip-over pieces, etc. We're very happy with the toy, and after comparing with other available walkers, we think this one offers a great value for what you get.

Our son is 10.5 months old and just learning to stand and cruise; he can pull to standing and cruise along furniture. We bought this so he can hold onto it while learning to walk. The wheels, however, spin far too easly. When he uses the handle to pull himself up the wheels spin forward (unlike a stable piece of furniture), and when I stand him at the walker the wheels move far too quickly and easily for him (he'd fall if I let go of him). I think it would be good for children who already walk, but not for children just learning to balance/stand/walk. If it were billed properly I'd have given it a higher ranking, but it falls short of its purpose for us. We'd like it if the wheels were more difficult to push, or had varying degrees of difficulty. I see other reviewers seem to be using it for the purpose we'd like to so it's hard to tell what, if anything, is different. My husband is now going to try to rig it so the wheels turn less easily, but I wouldn't recommend this toy for a child just learning to stand/balance/cruise/walk.

As far as its other features: all okay, but nothing new. I wouldn't buy this just for the shape sorter, for example, though the shape sorter is just fine. The do-dads to flip and play with are fun and fine as well, but not worth buying a walker/wagon for. All in all, I think it has good features (toys) for pre-walkers, and it would be a good wagon or walker for those who already balance well and perhaps walk some.

Buy Fisher-Price Walker-To-Wagon Now

My twins like the doodads on this walker, the flip pages, the twisty knob and the spring thingy. As a walker it does move a little fast. My daughter had no problems with this, but my son did. I guess every baby is different, but he would end up falling a lot because it got away from him. Now, as we have just converted it to the "wagon" feature, it seemed like it was going to be great, but the handle FALLS to the floor!! I don't know why they couldn't make it so the handle would stay up. It is very frustrating for my kids. For some reason they have trouble bending down to pick the handle up and then pulling it. Also, because the handle lays on the floor, it takes up a lot of room!! Anyway, it's okay. I think I would get something different if I had to do it over again.

Read Best Reviews of Fisher-Price Walker-To-Wagon Here

I got this toy for my one year old daughter. She was very amused by it intially. She still enjoys pushing and pulling it around and piling stuff in it, it's just hard for her to walk with it. She does not like it in it's "wagon" position as of yet because the handle sits on the floor and won't stay up. In it's walker position she is forced to walk in a notch between the rear wheels that is very narrow and difficult for her to move around in. It trips her most of the time when she is pushing it and catches her heels when she's pulling it. She enjoys this toy, but the rear wheels leave a lot to be desired.

Want Fisher-Price Walker-To-Wagon Discount?

We got two of these for my twins when they were 11 months old. I actually picked them up at Wally World the day after Thanksgiving for $10 each. They've been playing with them for a solid 10 months at this point, so they are very durable. They put stuff in the shape sorter part and race through the house laughing the whole way. I had the bright idea to turn it into a wagon today and I'm seriously disappointed. I actually got online to see if I was missing something. The handle sits on the floor! They can pick up the handle without a problem, but since I changed it, they've stopped playing with the toy.

No comments:

Post a Comment