Friday, July 4, 2014

Tek Nek "Rock N' Ride" Brown Pony

Tek Nek 'Rock N' Ride' Brown PonyI bought this rocking horse for my nephew (he lives with me) for christmas shortly after he turned 1. He is now 3 and a half, and he still rides it EVERY DAY! It was small enough for him to easily use when he was just 1, and now he is practically on his knees when he rides it, but he still rides it. (He looks so funny, like a grown-up trying to ride a tricycle, all knees and elbows...) He sticks his fingers in its mouth while it is "singing" and it is gentle enough to not hurt his little fingers. The rockers are rather slick, so he actually does travel around the room a bit (on carpet, I don't allow him to ride it on hard surfaces). He has hit himself in the face while rocking countless times, without hurting himself, and in 2.5 years he has fallen off maybe 5 times, also without hurting himself because it sits so low. Now that he is older and rowdier, he occasionally flips it over backwards, but it is soft and lightweight enough that it doesn't hurt him. It is also extremely durable. There are no cracks or dents, and one small tear in the seam over its jaw (from the doggie collar and leash I found him dragging the poor thing around by one day) was easily mended with a needle and thread. When the song gets to be too much, just secretly pop the batteries out, it will only slow the kid down for a few seconds. This is SOOO the best money I ever spent!!!

This is a great horse for toddlers. The fact that it is not wooden is great because it's nice and soft. The "rocker" part of the horse is a durable plastic; the only downfall is it's very slippery and when my daughter rocks on it it tends to travel with her. The horse plays music and sings....VERY LOUDLY. The volume tends to be so loud that it scared my daughter so I pulled the batteries out. I would recommend this product to a friend and will be purchasing one for my other daughter when she gets old enough. :0

Buy Tek Nek "Rock N' Ride" Brown Pony Now

The pony is very lightweight, and fairly low too. My daughter is 10 months old, 28" tall and 19 pounds. While she's sitting on the pony, her feet can rest on top of the rail but not touching the ground. She can get down from the horse by herself, without the horse tipping over on her.

It takes very little effort to rock the horse, which is great for my daughter, but might be too flimsy for older kids. My 3 year-old nephew is still able to sit on the horse and play on it, but not much rocking. He more or less scoots around with the horse, rather than rocking it.

The mouth moves when the music plays or when you pinch the horse's ears, which is a lot of fun for my daughter. She doesn't care much for the music though.

Read Best Reviews of Tek Nek "Rock N' Ride" Brown Pony Here

My 2 daughters share this horse. One is 28months old the other 14 months old. This was given to them less then 6 weeks ago, for Christmas.

They both love the horse. Especially the singing. They love hugging his soft body, sticking their fingers in his moving mouth, dragging it around the house, riding it. Its been treated with alot of love and roughly. its mostly held up.

some things that are nice:

1: horse is very soft and plush.

2: the mouth movement is fun, and provides a pleasant sensation when sticking fingers in.

3: the song is cute as is the words.

4: the battery pack includes an on/off switch (if you get tired of hearing it).

5: the battery pack includes a volume (Low or High), if you need to turn it down, or its to loud for your child.

6: the wires that attach the battery pack to the ears (where the buttons are) are sown into the horse, therefore you don't have dangling wires when you change a battery.

7: I had no issue taking out the battery pack and putting it back in. I also had no gaping hole when I was done. It all fit together well and easily.

ISSUES:

1:as pointed out by other viewers, the singing is in a male voice while the talking is done in a female voice. (which is why i picked a brown horse instead of a pink one. figured it was more gender neutral). Girls don't care, either way.

2:it has a very short rock that is kinda jerky. it means they can't get going very fast, it also means they are less likely to tip it over. I guess you take the good with the bad. My youngest tries to get it going fast and ends up moving the horse backwards across the floor as she rocks. She enjoys this too. I wish it rocked smoother.

3: the girls have only had this for 5 1/2 weeks and the button you push to make it talk no longer works. The Music button does, but the talking one stopped. I haven't heard of that happening before, so it might just be an issue with our horse. I'm not marking them down for it and will contact them to see what they suggest doing about it.

SIDE NOTE about SAFETY:

my oldest did have an accident on it. she is potty training so runs around diaperless. she tipped the horse over (on purpose so she could sit on it sideways) then got excited about something, tripped and fell onto a handle. Diaper changes were a little rough for a while because of this. It wasn't a serious accident, however, if it had it a little bit lower, we would have had to take her to the doctor. I keep a better eye on making sure the horse stays upright during playtime. I don't see this as a problem with their product, just a reminder (to myself and others) to keep an eye on more adventurous children who like to use their toys in ways they weren't meant to be used.

overall: we are pleased with our horse. I do recommend it to others, and revise once i get ahold of the company about my broken ear.

EDIT:

we did contact the manufacture about our horse. They sent us a new horse (though its a black one instead of the brown one), we did have to pay shipping and handling. But That wasn't a big deal for us and we are happy with the new pony. The battery pack IS harder to put back in on the new horse. His fur is alot shorter and his mouth is formed a little different, so his mouth doesn't move as much as the brown one. My 2 year old named the new horse Bach. He is already loved.

Want Tek Nek "Rock N' Ride" Brown Pony Discount?

I bought this for Christmas for my 19 month old son. He rarely rides it. When he gets on, he gets right back off, BUT he does love the singing part of it, and he often laughs when it's talking or singing. Unfortunately, thats the only thing he likes about it.

UPDATE... son now 28 months old loves this now & for months has not only been riding it but pushing it along! NOW I'm happy I bought it for him!

Save 29% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment