Friday, August 8, 2014

Discovery Exclusive Ann B. Dextrous™ Motor Developer

Discovery Exclusive Ann B. Dextrous™ Motor DeveloperI bought this toy for my 4 month old daughter. I loved the fact that it grows with the baby. So far my daughter and my 2 year old son LOVE this toy. It is not hard to change the levels for each of them or they can both play with it at any level. My son does try to pry the shapes out when it is set at level one and they are locked into place. So I usually change the level for him. He gets alot of enjoyment out of making the top pop up and taking the shapes out. My infant loves to roll around on the floor and bat around at this toy and see the lights and music. This toy is unlike anything I have ever seen. It is a very nice toy! The music is nice and volume adjustable. The volume control is very nice because my son or daughter cant adjust it themselves so it stays at a desirable level. The lights are pleasing to look at and the music and sounds are very cool. I highly recommend this toy!

We got this gift as a Christmas present for our 16-month-old. It's a little bit too much blink and noise, I think, for what it actually is. The separate stages are nice, but he's not interested in the one for his age. You hear instructions for what color to press; when you press all the items of the right color the head pops up. He likes to push the head down again but it gets old just choosing red, blue, green, or yellow. It also seems to suck battery power like you wouldn't believe. What my 16-month-old, "stage 3" baby likes best, though, is the stage 1 setting for teeny babies (and not because he doesn't get it--he's a boy genius, of course). When you press or manipulate the gadgets, they light up but they also trigger tunes. He likes to set off the songs and then dance to them. That seems to be way more exciting than the "games" deemed age-appropriate. I am perfectly happy having him play with it just for the music and it does take up less space in a room than other musical toys he has

We are expecting a new baby in a few months, so it is a good toy to have on hand for two children. It powers itself off, it's pretty, and the knobs and manipulative parts are very colorful and fun to manipulate. I think it's better for younger kids. I don't see the purpose of the older stages beyond teaching colors, and the flashing lights, sounds, and computerized voice aren't the best teachers for that. Your child probably already learned how to pull, push, turn, flip, and practice other motor skills on household items anyway.

Buy Discovery Exclusive Ann B. Dextrous™ Motor Developer Now

I have this at home for a little over a month, I bought this when my daughter was a little over 3 months. She first was fascinated by the lights and the music. Now I can see her trying out the various challenges, moving the wheel, pushing the buttons. Other mothers who come home like this toy and so do their kids.

Read Best Reviews of Discovery Exclusive Ann B. Dextrous™ Motor Developer Here

Our 5 month old loves this toy now, but at 4 months he only played with one "pod" the spin and turn one to be exact. The others were a little to difficult for his tiny, shaky, uncoordinated hands. He also would lose interest because he was unable to sit up and play on his own. He'd lay next to it and bat at things but sometimes this wasn't enough to get the toy started. If we assisted in the sitting up and playing he would kick, Kick, KICK the toy. Also the wobble doesn't work well on soft surfaces like carpet. But he's learning right before our eyes. AMAZING to see every week he learns to use something else. He started to play with the flip and switch "pod" this weekend and finally learned to push things on the push and pull "pod". My husband and I are excited to watch what comes next...A little pricey (purchased with a gift card) but so far worth it.

Want Discovery Exclusive Ann B. Dextrous™ Motor Developer Discount?

My son received this as a gift when he was 4 months old. At 2 1/2, he still loves playing it. The stages allow for develpment as the baby gets older. My son has some developmental delays so we loved the option to change the settings as needed. We just bought this as a gift for our friend's baby. The only problem we had was with the 4 blocks on top. In the later stages they come out and my son lost them, probably in the trash! Other than that, its a great toy.

No comments:

Post a Comment