Saturday, June 29, 2013

John Deere Sit-N-Scoot Buck with Lights and Sounds

John Deere Sit-N-Scoot Buck with Lights and SoundsMy son is 21 months old and this item was too small for him to ride on. There is only a space of approximately 6 inches between the front and back wheels. He could not make it go very far without hitting his feet on the wheels as he tried to move forward or backwards. This became very frustrating for him. The handle bars are very low and when he would push with his feet, his knees would get wedged under the handle bars. The front rack kept coming off which was annoying because he could not put it back on by himself. I would consider buying this toy for a child aged 6 months (when they can sit up)and hope that they could use it until they were maybe 18 months (but then you have to consider if that child has the motor skills to "ride" it). I would not buy it for a child over 18 months. My son is 21 months and weighs 25 pounds and is of average height. My son did love the music and sounds, the blinkers that made noise, and the key that he could turn on. He just couldn't ride it and so we took it back.

I recently purchased this toy for my grandson who is 21/2 yrs old. I was very disappointed with it's size. It is really too small for him to ride. The wheels don't turn and my grandson was disappointed that it didn't have a horn. He was here when it arrived and was thrilled to have a "John Deere" so I didn't return it. Hopefully I'll have other grandchildren who will get some use out of it.

Buy John Deere Sit-N-Scoot Buck with Lights and Sounds Now

I bought this for my son when he was only 8 months old and he loved it! He could only sit on it then and loved to push the buttons, it also helped him in leanring to walk. He's now 18 months old and still plays with it everyday. He LOVES the little song it plays and rocks and hums along. However I can't see a 5-8 year old child riding this, it is very small my recommended ages would be 8 months-4 years It's too small for a child that age to ride without running over their own feet!

Read Best Reviews of John Deere Sit-N-Scoot Buck with Lights and Sounds Here

I bought a similiar John Deere "Gator 4X2" yesterday at Walmart.

Fist thing I noticed was the wheels do not turn when steering. You can not even turn a corner.

My son has hurt his feet on the edges/sides when trying to push and he just ran into the door and hurt his inner thigh on the yellow knob.

A horn and a seat that lifts up for hidden storage would be nice also and maybe some headlights that actually light up. As far as size goes it is a little small for my 2 1/2 year old.

This vehicle needs a total re-evaluation from John Deere and I think it should be re-called.

We will be returning John Deere today, even though it has already been used, but moslty due to my child being hurt.

I will also be contacting John Deere to file a complaint.

Want John Deere Sit-N-Scoot Buck with Lights and Sounds Discount?

December 28, 2004: I bought this for my nephew's first birthday (I know that is below the recommended age range.) He needs help getting on and going forward, but backwards and getting off he can do on his own. This toy is the first thing he goes to when he gets home and holds his attention the longest. Sometimes he just sits on the floor pushing it back and forth until I am dizzy. There are 4 buttons that make sounds. His favorite is the one with the "John Deere ATV" song. He plays it over, and over, and over and dances to it. This is the best forty bucks I have ever spent.

Fast forward nearly 5 years, August 11, 2009: My brother just gave this back to me as my son just turned one. Nothing runs like a Deere because this thing still has all its buttons functioning like the day I bought it. The racks are missing, the stickers and plastic are faded, but my son loves it as much as my nephew and we all still know the song..."I can push or pull. All your heavy loads. Fast or slow. Start me up, here we go! Dirt and mud are no match for me. Cause I'm a rough and rugged John Deere ATV."

No comments:

Post a Comment