Friday, August 30, 2013

Lift Up Baby Walker Wheelbarrow Convertible Toy

Lift Up Baby Walker Wheelbarrow Convertible ToyI purchased this from a different seller, but figured I should put the review here too.

My son is 1 year old and has been putting toys on top of his other walker so we decided to upgrade. When I opened the box, nothing was put together. This was no problem for me, but if you are afraid of assembling, this toy isn't for you. Everything you need was in the box except for a screwdriver. The directions have pretty good pictures and are easy to understand. The only tricky part of the assembly was that the bottom of the wheelbarrow was just a flat sheet of wood. You have to curve it to fit onto the sides. It wasn't really hard, it was just intimidating. To change it from the walker to the wheelbarrow, you have to remove a screw on each side of the handle, change the angle of the handle, then replace the screws. You remove the wheels and replace it with a plastic piece that protects the wood. The wheels are plastic, so I am not sure how durable it will be outside on concrete. We may just replace them with rubber wheels.

The walker is pretty stable and the bucket is large. It is perfect for collecting lots of small toys inside. The wheels are fixed to go straight, but it is light enough to change direction/steer it. Another thing I really like about it is that when my son pulls it towards himself, it doesn't crush his toes. That is a problem we recently started having with his other walking toy because he could not steer it and went from wall to wall back and forth.

I would not recommend this toy for babies who are just learning to walk however. My son can (on purpose) tip this walker over backward to retrieve his toys. It also doesn't have any resistance so can move very fast. I imagine a young baby with little balance would fall over frequently if this was used. I instead recommend Melissa & Doug Deluxe Chomp & Clack Alligator Push Toy. If you have any questions about this toy, write a comment and I will try to answer them! I have posted pictures on my other review to help anyone else out Grow-With-Me 2-in-1 Sturdy Wooden Walker & Wheelbarrow

No comments:

Post a Comment