Sunday, September 1, 2013

Brightlings Stackers

Brightlings StackersThis is a very cute little toy, but unfortunately the rim of each cup is wavy and it is too difficult to fit each onto the grooved lines of the other when stacked. Even when placed correctly (by an adult) there is no center support, so the cups fall off each other too easily. The only way this works is if you ditch the base and encourage baby to turn the cups upside-down and place them inside each other, effectively making it a nesting rather than a stacking toy.

I'm off to buy the Dance Baby Dance! Classical Stacker. I had one for my firstborn, and it is much easier for a baby to manipulate. In addition, it plays music, and the lights flash up and down the entire unit instead of blinking dimly at the base like this one does.

When I purchased this item, I thought it would light up if the individual pieces were stacked in order as a reward for stacking correctly. Not so the base lights up at any touch.

On a positive note, the individual pieces are just the right size for my 9 month old to get a good grasp from any direction and he enjoys spinning them on the floor...

Buy Brightlings Stackers Now

Our 9 month old had trouble stacking these...our 3 yr old thought it was cool the first time and then grew bored with it. They did use the little cups as seperate people for pretend play. Its ok, but my girls didnt like it that much.

Read Best Reviews of Brightlings Stackers Here

The picture of the product makes the toy appear to glow but in fact the base just blinks when you touch it...not as cool looking as the picture (same goes for the entire Brightlings line). Also, the stacking peices have a rippled edge that have to be perfectly matched up for them to stack. I don't think any baby could get this right. I had to explain how to do it to my two year old before she could do it on her own! The peices are cute and my baby does like to hold and chew on them but I would not reccomend this unless you found it really cheap on clearence like I did.

Want Brightlings Stackers Discount?

I got this for my 18 month old for Christmas.

She couldn't have cared less about it...and when she DID...they wouldn't stay together when she put them together!

BORING toy!

No comments:

Post a Comment