Monday, December 9, 2013

Wonderworld Froggy Drum

Wonderworld Froggy DrumGot this for my 10 month old, who loves it. She's not exactly playing music, but she loves that she can hit the drum with the stick and make different noises. Her face lights up with manic glee when she plays drums. We have not had this long enough to know if it will hold her interest for months to come, but I'm hopeful. Generally, this kind of simple toy keeps baby interested better than the light-up toys that play sounds. (And I feel a lot less compelled to kick the simple toys across the room for the crime of singing the damned "¡Hola!" jingle for the umpteenth time.)

This doesn't sound much like a frog to me, but the four different tones are all very pleasant and musical. Baby has played with the solid drum from Plan Toys at play group. It is a good toy, but I find the sound of this drum more appealing.

All six sides of the drum are wood and surprisingly thick I'd say almost 1/2" but it's light enough for our 16 pounder to flip over to inspect the bottom (something she seems keen on doing). It seems to be real quality construction. You can barely see the joins. The froggy design is painted on three sides of the drum. It's unisex and very fun and cute. There are four rubber feet on the bottom that probably won't scratch your tables. The drum has so far survived being smashed repeatedly with wood blocks. Meanwhile the rubber-tipped mallet has been used now to hit most of the furniture and the cat. The cat was unhappy, but the end tables weren't damaged at all.

Made in Thailand, since Amazon won't tell you.

UPDATE: Baby LOVES the frog faces on the sides of the drum. She points and laughs and "talks" to them. It's very cute.

My one year old got this as a birthday gift and we all loved it, it's very cute. However, after only one week I found him playing with the broken mallet, which had split lengthwise. Don't know where to return it to, but really disappointed that this should happen to a toy recommended for young ones.

Buy Wonderworld Froggy Drum Now

I wanted a tone drum for my baby and found this at a reasonable price. Its cheap. It doesn't sound that great but it's durable. I'm going to have my husband sand the frogs off the sides. They are a little much!

Read Best Reviews of Wonderworld Froggy Drum Here

No comments:

Post a Comment