Saturday, January 11, 2014

Juno Baby - Juno's Rhythm Adventure

Juno Baby - Juno's Rhythm AdventureI knew this DVD was a hit as soon as I put it in and saw my 10-month old daughter sitting very still, watching the TV with a big smile on her face. She watched the video from beginning to end, and now every time I play it she recognizes the catchy music.

I like Juno Baby the best because it of its simplicity and clarity. Juno and friends are little puppets, and it seems homemade in feel while having a high production value, and is layered with some very nice classical music that is soothing yet still light and fun. Its a really exceptional character to mix up when you get a little too much Sid, Curious George, and all the rest.

I ordered this for my 16 month old niece. She absolutely loves it. The music is lively and entertaining, and she is very animated listening to it. This is a great way to instill a love of music in children at an early age.

Buy Juno Baby - Juno's Rhythm Adventure Now

My 2 y/o daughter and 6mo son totally love Juno Baby. My daughter has started to sing along with the songs and has learned some basic spanish and french for words like 'House' and 'Moon' from the flashcards. My son laughs and sits there with his sister as they both watch and I can relax for 30 mins or so and not feel bad putting them in front of the TV. Highly recommend!

Read Best Reviews of Juno Baby - Juno's Rhythm Adventure Here

"Juno Baby -Juno's Rhythm Adventure" is a wonderful DVD for toddlers, one that will engage them with charming puppetry vignettes, while also introducing them in a very basic way to music, counting and various languages, such as French, Spanish and (of course) English... but that's from an adult perspective. From a toddler's perspective, my 4 youngest nieces and nephews (ranging from ages one to three) have been playing this DVD ad nauseam since I gave it to them weeks ago... and that speaks louder than any review I can come up with. Highly recommended.

Want Juno Baby - Juno's Rhythm Adventure Discount?

My rating is mainly based on my child's interest in the video he really didn't like it nor was he drawn to it.

My 3yo is our 3rd child, so we've seen everything from Baby Einsten and Baby So Smart to Blues Clues, Caillou, Max and Ruby, Dora, Barney, the Wiggles, and so on. I've watched more than my fair share of annoying voices (Ruby & Caillou). I really found the voices of the characters as bad or worse. I felt that other than Juno, they just didn't have much personality that would draw children to like them. My 3yo seems to agree. He loves to sing and dance, but really had no interest in this one.

As for the music, I give it credit for being original, and I appreciate original characters, animation, etc. Baby Einstein relied too much on simple videos of toys and things, but at least the music was better. I just didn't find the music composition all that great to listen to. Certainly not on par with classical composers, in my opinion.

The puppetry and animation, as well as story line, just wasn't on-par with a Blues-Clues or Dora. There wasn't a whole lot of repetition for kids to latch on to, the character shots were usually too wide for small children to be able to focus in on who's speaking, and overall the characters get lost in the busy backgrounds. Sometimes simpler is better especially for younger children.

This left me feeling like it was a mashup of elements of all these popular shows, but that they just couldn't pull it off effectively. All in all, it's probably no more annoying or worse than any other kid's show us adults usually have to build up a tolerance to be able to shut them out even when our kids love them. So while many kids might find this series enjoyable, mine just didn't.

Lastly, the case isn't a typcial DVD shell. It's more like a cardboard book. The ring that the dvd snaps onto is a solid piece of plastic. With no cutouts, you can't push on the center to pop out the dvd. Instead you have to bend the disc until it pops off. Over time, I could see either the disc suffering damage, or the plastic nub of the case will get worn down and no longer hold the disc.

Save 15% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment