Monday, January 6, 2014

Little Tikes Gas 'n Go Mower

Little Tikes Gas 'n Go MowerMy son is going to be 5 and we did the annual Birthday Club trip to Toys R Us this evening.

He has a lot of toys, and really doesn't need anymore, but we go to TRU because it's so fun watching him on his birthday with the hat and balloon walking around the store for the perfect birthday toy.

He and his dad got separated from me in the store, so as I was walking around looking for something that may catch his fancy, I glanced over and spotted this mower up on the shelf. It was the last one on the shelf. I also noticed it was on sale for $19.99 plus the $3 off card for his birthday. Not too bad of a price. So I was looking at it in the box, saw it had a pull cord, and a gas can. Two things he WISHED his other Little Tikes lawn mower and the FP Bubble mower had. I saw the box said 18 mos + I was wondering how small the handle would be, but I put it in the cart anyway.

When I finally found them in the store, my son saw it in the cart and that was it, he thought it was the coolest toy lawn mower he has ever seen!! He could not wait to get it home and open it.

He absolutely loves it! He loves the realistic pull cord with engine sounds and gas can. He is "mowing" my carpet. In the house, it's kind of loud, with the popping sound and wheel sounds. He's a tall boy for his age, but it's not too short of a handle for him. And even if he had to slouch down a little bit, I don't think he would care one bit. He loves any toy that is lawn care or motorized related. So this is as realistic as it gets as far as toy mowers. Best of all, NO BATTERIES!!

I bought this mower for my 19 month old son. He actually loves it, and I really like the way it looks. However.... there is not enough clearance from wheels to underside of mower to actually be able to push it on the grass!! My toddler tried and tried and tried to push it on our back yard lawn and it just gets stuck, gets stuck, gets stuck. He kept asking me for help. So then I tried and EVEN I could not make it go on the grass. A great toy if you plan to use it indoors on hard surfaces or carpet. NOT a good toy for grass. DUHHHHH. It's a lawnmower!

Buy Little Tikes Gas 'n Go Mower Now

I purchased and returned this toy all in one day! My grandson was so excited when he saw the mower and the little gas can then he tried to mow the grass! It would not move. He tried several times only to get angry and toss it! It works great on the hardwood floor, but it is a LAWN MOWER not a vacuum!

Read Best Reviews of Little Tikes Gas 'n Go Mower Here

My 15 month old granddaughter LOVES this mower. The "pull start" rope is easy to pull, slips back into the mower by itself and creates the most wonderful motor noises sounds like a real motor. I don't think she understands what the gas can is for, but she imitates "pouring the gas in" just like her dad's. She drags the mower wherever she wants, indoors and out. I'm not sure if her grass is lower or thinner than the other reviewer's, but she has no problem pulling it around. (She doesn't push much yet)

Want Little Tikes Gas 'n Go Mower Discount?

This probably would be fine for outdoor use, but indoors it is almost intolerably loud. It's sturdy and my 2 year old enjoys it well enough, but be sure you have an incredibly high noise tolerance if you purchase this for your child. We can't use indoors at all on account of the noise.

Save 17% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment