Monday, May 19, 2014

Hohner Kids / 5" Handled Cage Bell, Colors Vary

Hohner Kids / 5' Handled Cage Bell, Colors VaryYou may think the price is a little steep for ONE musical item but my son loves this toy! Our local library has them for the toddler program and after several weeks of him going straight for this cage bell toy (and refusing to put it away when it was time to clean up), I decided he had to have one. Pleasant sound, bath tub safe & lots of fun!

Well made, durable and makes a nice "sleigh bell" sound. I like the colors. We ended up with a blue and green bell, which works for my boy/girl twins. It'd be nice to be able to choose color. They like to play with this the handle is easy to grip.

Buy Hohner Kids / 5" Handled Cage Bell, Colors Vary Now

I made a mistake of not reading the description properly to realize that you only get 1 bell for the price of $10.99 (and free shipping. My 6 month old daughter can easily hold the handle, and you definitely do not need to shake this bell to make it rattle it's very sensitive. But for the price I think you can do better elsewhere.

Read Best Reviews of Hohner Kids / 5" Handled Cage Bell, Colors Vary Here

Purchased this bell for my 17 month old granddaughter who loves anything musical. As soon as I showed it to her and jingled the bell she smiled. We went to the store and she took it with her. I would say 'jingle jingle jingle' and she would pick up the bell and jingle it and laugh. It's the perfect size for her little hand and so far seems sturdy enough but time will tell(that's why the 4 stars). If your child or grandchild enjoys musical instruments and enjoys the sound of chimes she/he will love this bell.

Want Hohner Kids / 5" Handled Cage Bell, Colors Vary Discount?

My fifteen month old granddaughter loves walking around my house ringing a bell. Originally she used a ceramic bell that I bought at a flea market--until she dropped it on my kitchen tile floor. That was the end of the bell so I decided to look for a different one that easily rang and was durable. This bell is it. Here is why I like it:

1. This is easy for my granddaughter to grasp, not too heavy for her to hold, and rings easily and loud enough to be heard.

2. This is durable and sturdy. No more worries if she drops it or bangs it against something.

3. The colors are bright and vivid. However, I deducted one star because of the inability to select the color of your choice. I received a bell that has a turquoise handle and a pink body--just right for a little girl, so it worked out fine for me. But I cannot understand why, unlike so many other products, a consumer cannot order a specific color. It just makes no sense to say that assorted colors are available, but that nobody can actually choose any of them. Kind of like going to an ice cream shop that has 29 flavors and being told that you can't actually choose your flavor.

4. A number of critical reviews complain that they thought they were getting three bells instead of one. Sorry, but to me it was readily apparent that I was getting only one bell. Also, the price seems to have dropped since some of the older reviews were written.

Bottom line: This is a very nice bell for children. I just wish that a specific color could be ordered instead of receiving a random color.

No comments:

Post a Comment