Saturday, July 26, 2014

Peek-a-Blocks Discovery: Barnyard Friends Blocks

Peek-a-Blocks Discovery: Barnyard Friends BlocksThese blocks are great fun. Each block has something interesting inside it. In our house these have been played with by boys and pretty roughly at times. The windows to see inside are still clear and not one of these blocks have broken. So I would say they are sturdy and hold up well to normal play.

This set is my particular favorite along with the transportation set. The animals are very cute.

On the ends of each block is a texture. Within each block is something interesting. And many blocks have an activity associated with itpush a button to make a noise, twist a knob to make something turn around etc.

The one thing I would warn is that these blocks do not stack well, particularly in tall towers. So if you are thinking of buying these for tower building, I'd consider a different set of blocks. Otherwise, these are excellent toys.

They provide a basis for communication and vocubulary building with your child. They are sturdy and encourage language, eye hand coordination and so on.

If you enjoy toys that are fairly quiet, do more than have a push button to make a noise, foster independent creative play and exploration of the world this is an excellent toy.

Enjoy.

Though the product says the blocks are suitable for babies as young as 6-months, keep in mind they are talking about how safe they are! Not necessarily that the kid will like them that early! (They may and they may not.)

I bought a different set of 6 blocks for my daughter because *I* found them adorable. In the beginning, she just wasn't feeling them. Even when she was old enough to hold and examine them, I think I found them more interesting than she!

BUT... after putting the blocks out of sight for a while, then pulling them back out, she's much more in love with them! Remember that kids develop at different stages, not to mention, they are little humans and simply have different tastes and interests!

My advice: don't write these blocks off as not very good simply because your child doesn't like them. Start with one small set and (re)introduce it to your child at intervals. After the age of 12-18-months, they may be into them a whole lot more!

Buy Peek-a-Blocks Discovery: Barnyard Friends Blocks Now

Before my 3 year old was born I saw these and bought them, I thought the were just too cute. When she was a tiny baby she liked to lick and suck on them, as she grew she played with them occasionally. The items inside were not as interesting to her as I thought they would be. The toy did not engage her, though her older sister enjoyed playing with them from the ages of 4-6. I just packed up my set and will be donating them to her school. I thought she would have become more engaged with them by now.

Would make a great gift idea, but never know if it will be THE toy. Don't be disappointed if you child seems less than interested. As a parent, I loved them.

Read Best Reviews of Peek-a-Blocks Discovery: Barnyard Friends Blocks Here

This is the perfect size for our toddler, granddaughter to handle. She piles them up and her big sister knocks them down for lots of giggles and fun.

Want Peek-a-Blocks Discovery: Barnyard Friends Blocks Discount?

I found this product to be a set of very educational, practical, and fun products for my 6 month old grand daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment