Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Tomy Pic 'n' Pop

Tomy Pic 'n' PopI bought it for my 15 months old daughter. She is not walking yet so she can't play with it yet. But my 19 months old nephew loves it. It is short though, my nephew bends to hold it and it looks very uncomfortable. Why would they make such a nice, well made toy so short? It looks tall in the picture but it's actually 15 inches. plus kids don't hold it straight when they push it so it's even shorter than 15 inches that way.

My 2 year old son loves pushing things around the house, so I thought this toy would be perfect. We pulled this out of the box and were in SHOCK at how little it is. I would say it would be good for a 1 year old, but there is NO way they would grasp the concept on how to work it. My son doesn't get how to pick up the balls and the levers are too stiff for him to really shoot out the balls. The thing is, he is still running around with it, but it is so short he keeps falling over because it is completely ergonomically incorrect! It is such a cool concept, what a bummer that is was so poorly designed.

Buy Tomy Pic 'n' Pop Now

I bought this toy several months ago. I liked the idea of how it works+no annoying sounds or music+development of gross motor skills. I was disappointed when my daughter who was 18mos by that time refused to play with it. She could not press the buttons on the handles-you should press hard enough,neither could she pick up the balls with it. To pick them up you have to angle the toy a bit, not just hold it straight.

However, now when she is 21mos-what a huge difference!!! She plays with it almost every day, though just for several minutes. She got the idea of how it works and mastered the needed skills!! Our lil friend who is 25 mos also loves this toy:)

So, the time has come!!

and yes I wish the handle was taller!

Read Best Reviews of Tomy Pic 'n' Pop Here

This is the worst toy I have yet to encounter. We bought it for our 19 month old son for Christmas. It is next to impossible to pick the balls up with the device. You have to have the unit straight up and down. My husband and I had difficulty doing this and it was just frustrating for my toddler. The shooting mechanism wasn't easy either and also only worked with the unit strictly vertical. I would not recommend this for anyone. This toy needs a major redesign. The idea is great, not the toy itself. I also want to add that I agree with other reviews, that the toy is too short. My son had to bend to push it, so it doesn't even make a good push toy.

Want Tomy Pic 'n' Pop Discount?

The little girl I got this for loves it. She likes to play with it on the days her mom is not vacuuming the house. The toy could have a better way to trap the balls. Some times she likes to trap and shoot over and over again but when its not picking up the balls shes just throwing them around. Great toy.

Save 30% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment