Saturday, August 16, 2014

Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Learn & Move Music Station

Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Learn & Move Music StationIt DOES interact with the TV, for example in the "animal abc" game, the animals only change when you hit a key. It is a little slow, and I am not sure my 1yr old is seeing the cause and effect either. The cause and effect she does see is when she pushes the buttons on the sensor!

However the music part is great and she LOVES that. She plays and dances and has a great time.

The only real disadvantage is that it is easy to tip over. Now, she does have to intentionally push it, but she's a toddler, so what do you think she is going to do? And she then either gets it pulled back up but hits herself in the head OR she can't get it back up. (Depending on how and where it falls.) So you can imagine how frustrating it is for her. (Oh my! She just picked it up!)I wish it was heavier so she couldn't lift or tilt it.

I have similar issues with other Fisher Price toys. For some reason they can't figure out how to make a toy that doesn't tip. I usually find a way to modify the toy to make it more stable. If I find a way for this one, I will post it.

Firstly, I think it is important to state that I have only had this item for lest than a week. I will most likely add to my review after some time has passed.

My initial impression though is a good one. I bought this for my 10 month old son, so that he would have a fun toy to stand up and play with. The keyboard is of great quality, and the three other play buttons along the top are fun for him as well.

The only downside is that the interactive part of the toy that you plug into the TV is currently useless for us. The software is too slow, so there is a delay that currently makes it too difficult for my son to understand that there is any cause and effect happening. He much prefers it in either of the other two keyboard modes, so that he can hear sounds when he hits the keys.

Perhaps as he grows older we will find that the interactive part of the toy becomes usable, but as for now we will just enjoy making sweet music on the keyboard itself.

Buy Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Learn & Move Music Station Now

We took this toy out of the box and had it up and running in five minutes. Our intention was for our 11 month son to practice standing, but also have something lean on if needed. He loves our real piano, so we thought it would be perfect.

It is solidly built, and has great sound when used in stand-alone mode. Keeps my little guy interested for quite a while. The tv interaction has very smooth and almost un-noticeable transitions. For example the color keys will change the background color of the screen, while the animation stays the same.

However, my 3 year old daughter noticed immediately how the keys changed the colors, and she could change the animations using the trumpet slide or guitar roller to make slight changes in the animations and music. I had a hard time keeping her away from it so that my son could use it!

I had to put some strips of velcro on the rear legs, because when used in the upright settiing, it tends to slide all over the floor and my little guy would topple over. It surprises me that they diddnt think of this. After that slight modification it has worked hours without any incident.

Read Best Reviews of Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Learn & Move Music Station Here

My son is 15 months old and can run the remote for the TV, but this game does not hold his attention at all. He likes the keyboard, but the interactivity is so slow that he is bored with it before it is done loading. He is more entertained by manipulating the console, because that has a cause and effect. The actual games are useless. At first, I just thought it was broken because nothing seemed to be happening when you hit the keyboards, but no, it was just really slow. First it sits at the loading screen for at least 30 seconds. Then, after loading it just shows you a picture of some shape or animal. That's it. 30 seconds after that, you get to the 'game.' But you have to wait some more for it do anything. And then, after hitting the button, there is enough of a lag before anything happens, that my son is already off doing something else. All in all: FAIL.

Want Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Learn & Move Music Station Discount?

This is a very fun, educational toy. I bought it for my granddaughter's 1st birthday and she has enjoyed it every day.

Save 37% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment