Friday, November 22, 2013

Lamaze Early Development Toy, Captain Calamari

Lamaze Early Development Toy, Captain CalamariThis little stuffed cephalopod has always entertained my baby daughter since we got him months ago.

The legs are lovely to chew on, the hat makes nice crinkly noises when clinched in teeny fists, and the secret mirror between his teNtacles (careful spelling that) is always a happy surprise while slobbering on the plastic teething rings.

The Captain is bigger than I expected, making him actually cuddly, which is great.

The noises he emits when being played with are never annoying, which is much appreciated.

He can entertain both sexes without lacking personality, unlike some gender-neutral toys...I am looking at you Mr. Plain Yellow Duck.

I tip my hat to the Captain for allowing me to wash the dishes for a FULL 20 minutes to the sounds of a delighted and entertained baby.

I have several of the Lamaze Play and Grow toys. This is one of the better ones. My baby got this around 4.5 months and is now 6.5 months. The tentacles are nice for chewing on. He really likes the felt feather in the hat. The rings are probably his favorite part of this toy because they are easy to hold and he can chew on them. He's getting better at grabbing the rattle ball. The mirror does nothing for him, surprisingly. Over all, the toy is very cute and kinda reminds me of Captain Jack Sparrow which makes a lot of adults that see it like it as well.

As far as comparing it to the other Lamaze Play in Grow Toys we have, I'd probably rank them in this order:

1. Jacques the Peacock (excellent toy and perfect length to hang off the side of my diaper bag, I highly recommend)

2. Freddie the Firefly (very good length to hang off the stroller visor)

3. Captain Calamari

4. Tina the Tiger

5. Logan the Lion

Buy Lamaze Early Development Toy, Captain Calamari Now

My son has had this for a few months now and LOVES it. However, the other day I noticed that there is a "wire like" piece of material sticking out of the tentacle where the ball hangs. It is very sharp and could easily break skin so please be aware. It sticks out on the part where it is tied. Please check yours and make sure it is fine before giving it to your baby.

Read Best Reviews of Lamaze Early Development Toy, Captain Calamari Here

This toy is super cute and actually a bit larger than I thought it would be. It holds my sons interest for a while. He loves the two rings and the mirror on the bottom of it. The ball attached makes a rattle noise which is cool. I love how I can hook this to my sons stroller with no problem. Would definitely recommend to a friend.

Want Lamaze Early Development Toy, Captain Calamari Discount?

This little toy is adorable and has a great concept, however; my son was never really interested in it so for me it was a waste. that doesn't discredit the quality though.

Save 39% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment