Monday, November 18, 2013

Sportster Car

Sportster CarWe own the newer version of this car. It's red all over, has racing stripes on the side and a big number 8 on the back. Its passengers are cheerful little yellow-painted men with hats, and pleasingly simple features (see both my customer images). Ours does not have the face on the vehicle, as the one pictured does.

For Christmas we've ordered a number of catalogs with safe US and German-made toys, including Holgate's catalog, and have allowed our kids to browse through them and compose a wish list. When this little car struck my daughter's fancy, I was surprised. It didn't look exciting to me, but we were putting in a big order with Holgate, and the manufacturer's price is more than fair, so we figured we'd add it to her stocking (it's the perfect size for a stocking, by the way).

I was pleasantly surprised when we received it. This car is much higher quality than the images might lead someone to believe. It doesn't just look like a replicate of an old-fashioned toy, it plays like one too. It's got good weight to it, the wheels make this pleasingly heavy wooden sound when traveling across the wood floors and the car travels smoothly and easily, just as you'd expect. The little passengers bob around in their 'seats' in a really sweet way too. When I think of a toy, this is what I think this is the real deal.

My only caveat is that the little men, who measure 2.5" long by .5" wide, seem like an obvious choking hazard. The packaging says 18 months+ (and the Amazon listing puts it at 2 years+), but unless you decide to put these little men away for awhile, I'd recommend this to the 3+ crowd. This is more an issue of labeling, in my mind, than one with the toy itself.

All in all, a great toy. Safe paint and finishes, quality workmanship, and made in the USA.

Its ok, my 2 1/2 yr old grandson plays with it sometimes, but prefers more of the "cars" look. Its kind of bland and the little people don't do anything for him-the dog likes them though!

One of those nice old style toys that doesbn't that quite have much visual appeal today.

Buy Sportster Car Now

No comments:

Post a Comment