Thursday, June 5, 2014

My Quiet Book, Fabric Activity Book for Children

My Quiet Book, Fabric Activity Book for ChildrenWe were in the market for a way for our 4 year old to practice buttoning, tieing, snapping, etc., in the car and at church. Although several of the reviews were concerned about the myriad of small parts that could be lost, we decided to take a chance. Perhaps the manufacturer has heard their complaints, as our version has all the pieces attached with strings, so nothing has gotten lost. Though I'm sure very young children could pull them off if they wanted to, it has stood up to our 2 and 4 yr. old boys beautifully!

I have mixed feelings about this product. My 20 month old daughter plays with it alot and seems to enjoy it. My complaint is that the snaps, buttons and shapes can all be removed (and lost and amazingly return) from the book. The plastic buckle on the buckle page was removed by my daughter within weeks. I've read reviews about how this book is great for the car and other types of travel. However, the pieces often fall to the floor of the car and most times cannot be retreived. The button page does not allow for both the button and button hole to be held, which doesn't emulate actual buttoning. The ballons that snap onto their page do not have any indication of where to line up or press the snap into place. I've already ordered another set of books where the pieces remain with the book.

Buy My Quiet Book, Fabric Activity Book for Children Now

It's a great concept but not worth the money. Some of the tasks don't go a long way toward teaching kids the skills the task is designed to teach. It looks like it was designed in a hurry, without much thought or testing and should be marketed for considerably less money.

Read Best Reviews of My Quiet Book, Fabric Activity Book for Children Here

This is one of the few self contained toys we have. Everything is attached! It travels well. I bought it for my daughter when she was 1 and she mostly undid everything. At 2, she's just now being able to work the buttons, snaps, etc. I had a homemade version as a kid and remembered that it got a lot of use. The only problem with this one was that some of the fabric pulled away from the stitching. Amazon replaced it before I had a chance to return the original.

Want My Quiet Book, Fabric Activity Book for Children Discount?

This toy is durable! It has survived my 10 year old son's early childhood, and now has (so far) survived my 3 year old daughter's attacks. Both children love it, but as others have mentioned, some pieces are loose and it takes perserverence to keep it together. My cure is that I hide it except for trips to the doctors and other appointments. This makes it a "special" toy, and it is easier to keep track of the parts. Many bright pages of colors keep their interest, and though they love pulling out the snap-on pieces, they are difficult for little one's to snap on. The velcro balloons that are attached are my daughter's (and mine) favorite part. The buckle is too difficult for her, but she loves putting her hand in the glove and unzipping the lady-bug to find "baby" lady bugs. I feel the positives far outweigh the negatives and highly recommend this toy--after all, if she is not losing these pieces under the couch, she would be losing her barbie car keys, lego pieces, building blocks, lincoln logs (etc) under the couch.

Save 14% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment