Saturday, November 30, 2013

Monkey Family Bath Toy - Floating Fun!

Monkey Family Bath Toy - Floating Fun!I had purchased an item same as this for my 2 year old grandson previously, though a different animal species, and he really loved it in and out of the bath! It is made really sturdy and the little ones love the Mommy and her babies...very special playtime pretending. I bought this one as a monkey-themed baby shower decor accent and then will be given to my daughter afterward to save for the baby when he's ready to play in a jungle of imagination!! So adorable!!

*Update on this review:

My little one, now almost seven months, has discovered that the little monkeys make excellent teething toys -I'm so glad this came with three little monkeys, since he now carries one with him all over the house. They also fit great in my purse, so "bath toy" has become "chew on in the car" toy. He's also getting more coordinated, so although all three little monkeys still don't fit on the big one, he's very happy with one or two babies floating around on mom.

I appealed to dad on the whole "retaining water" issue, and apparently, all it takes is muscle-he folded the big monkey completely in half and all the water squirted right out. So I'm changing my stars to five-this isn't a great toy for a little, uncoordinated baby. But once he started to get the hang of all his fingers, my son fell in love with this!

---

Original review:

I got this toy for my six-month-old son because for him, bath time is play time. The concept of the baby monkeys being "on top of" the mom monkey is educational (learning spacial relations-"on top of" vs "next to," etc). However, the toy is not very stable (tends to flip over a lot), and all three babies barely fit on the mom. As a result, at the slightest wave, all the baby monkeys tumble off of the mom monkey and just float around. So I usually leave the baby monkeys out and just give my little one the big monkey to play with; he likes grabbing it and holding it under the faucet to make the water spray around. This kind of defeats the whole "spacial relations" point, though, and he gets bored with holding onto the one monkey pretty quickly.

I am concerned, too, because it seems like the big monkey is retaining water. I can hear it sloshing around in there no matter how I try to squeeze or drain it out, and I'm worried about putting a toy full of potentially moldy water in the bath with my infant. Overall, I feel very underwhelmed this toy. I would probably prefer to have spent the money on something else.

Pros: cute, floats well, light and easy for baby to grab, safe for baby to gnaw on

Cons: often upside down, small monkeys don't fit well, might be retaining water/hard to drain

Buy Monkey Family Bath Toy - Floating Fun! Now

I got these because my nieces love the whole "5 Little Monkeys" song. I keep these here for them when they stay the night. They love playing with them in the tub and we can sing the song.

Read Best Reviews of Monkey Family Bath Toy - Floating Fun! Here

Worthless and overpriced. It stuck to my tub and got all black after a few weeks, but i gave the little monkeys to my friends because its so pointless

Want Monkey Family Bath Toy - Floating Fun! Discount?

No comments:

Post a Comment