Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Playskool Step Start Walk 'n Ride

Playskool Step Start Walk 'n RideI'm overall very satisfied with this product; it's a great value for the price. My son is 9 months old and plays with most of the toys on the front. The plastic was intentionally cast thin in order to force baby to use his own balance and learn to walk sooner. My son did topple the walker the first time he tried to pull himself up, but it didn't take long for him to learn how to rise steadily. Now he walks around with this walker all the time, usually with only one hand on it.

this toy has now taught two of my children how to walk! It is cute and way functionable. Even my four year old still plays with it.

Buy Playskool Step Start Walk 'n Ride Now

All these people complaining about this toy being made of plastic what do you WANT it to be made of? Steel? Geez the whole point of a walker is for a child to slowly develop their leg strength and a sense of balance. "My toddler fell over!" Uh, why do you think they're called "toddlers"?

A bit expensive, but it was a gift so I can't complain too much! That said, my son LOVES this dumb car toy. He finally had something he could cruise around the house with, but light enough that he could manhandle it around when he deadended into a wall, etc. It took him a while to get the "car" aspect of it, but once it clicked, that was all the more reason he enjoyed it. He's 2 1/2 now and still plays with this! He loves to pretend he's changing gears, putting in gas, checking under the hood. I don't think there is any toy that can please all children, but if your child is active and starting to cruise, this might be a good choice.

Read Best Reviews of Playskool Step Start Walk 'n Ride Here

not the sturdiest. Let me start by saying we got this for my 11 month old son for xmas, and as soon as it was put together, he was off and walking! He loved it right away! The other reviews also mention the toy being made of flimsy plastic and it definitely is. The box states that this is for 9+ months. I would definitely not give this toy to a 9 month old unless they were really advanced for their age. I feel like I have to walk behind my son while he is moving, but I could also be a little paranoid about the face plant that is probably to come..... The gadgets that are attached to it are fun as wellthere is a spinner, a clutch, a rattle and a few others. Only thing that's missing is a horn, but I definitely wouldn't count that against it. Love that you can walk with it or ride on it. If someone asked if I would buy it againI would say yes for what I paid. I think it is listed here at $59.99 and I got in on sale at Toys R Us for $17.98. I guess you sometimes get what you pay forbut I would only get it again if I were paying my price. It is definitely awesome to see my little guy walking behind it with a huge grin on his face! Priceless!

Want Playskool Step Start Walk 'n Ride Discount?

I bought this when my 10 month old grandson was able to pull himself up. Right out of the box I was disappointed. The plastic is thin and the toy looked like it would just topple over.

I use this toy only with strict supervision, because he can pull it down. There's no exciting toys on the front to interest him. He sometimes twirls the toy on top for a few seconds, and will push it around for a few minutes. I wish I had spent a bit more, and bought one with a wider base, educational and engrossing toys, and sturdier overall.

There's nothing horribly "wrong" with this toy, but there's others out there that offer more.

No comments:

Post a Comment