Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Aurora Plush Baby 6" My Photo Safari Carrier with Sound

Aurora Plush Baby 6' My Photo Safari Carrier with SoundI bought this for my 10month old after a trip to the zoo. She has carried that silly car around for the last six months. The animals are a perfect size for her little hands. As a teacher I love the animal names stitched onto each animal. I think the noises on the giraffe and hippo could be more realistic... but this is a baby toy and my daughter doesnt seem to mind.

I gave durability a four only because my daughter has worn the batteries out of the elephant (It is her favorite because grandpa makes that noise with her). However, in saying that, I called the company up and told them that I could not replace the batteries (they are stitched inside the animal) and they are shipping me out a free replacement. Very excellent customer service.

I just found out there are three or four other sets of these toys. We will be getting the rest for our daughter for Christmas this year. I wish I could give them to her now!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

UPDATE My daughter is now 2 1/2. I cannot explain how wonderful of an investment these sets of toys are to us. We have spent many HOURS playing and pretending and acting. We have most of the animal sets. She still plays with them to this day as well as her 7.5 yo sister. I would also increase the durability to 5 stars as we have had NO problems with any of the animals in any set. Enjoy.

This is really a cute set of animals. The sounds they emit are really big for such small little things. The tiger's roar freaks out my son a little bit (11 months old), but I'm working of trying to make it "funny" instead of scary, so I'm sure he will eventually get over it...

I was really disappointed when the set arrived and the names of the animal were not on the animals as stated in the description. I will reach out to the company when I have the time to see if we can do an exchange bc the names were one of the reasons I purchased the toy in the first place...

Overall, I like this very much and would recommend...

Buy Aurora Plush Baby 6" My Photo Safari Carrier with Sound Now

I researched before buying, but obviously didn't read all the reviews carefully enough. The item you are buying is not as pictured. My daughter loved playing with the barnyard version of this toy while visiting my sister's house. Hers had the names of the animals embroidered on them, just as in the picture. The one I ordered for my daughter does NOT. While the toy is still fairly cute, this part bothers me. Other than that, my daughter likes it well enough, so I guess I will keep it.

Read Best Reviews of Aurora Plush Baby 6" My Photo Safari Carrier with Sound Here

I was so excited to receive this item, we already have the Aurora barnyard set and my daughter loves it! I was so disappointed when I opened the (very cute!) carrier and squeezed the first toy, which happened to be the giraffe. It sounded like a terrified, screaming girl! Now, I am not a giraffe expert, but I do like to visit the zoo and have seen many a giraffe up close I have NEVER heard a giraffe make that sound. If I did, I wouldn't go near it! My husband was sitting right next to me when I squeezed it and he was alarmed, too!

Still, I had faith, maybe the elephant would be better? I took it out and squeezed. Um, no. Instead of the normal elephant sound (we all know what that is), it was again scary and shrill. There are so many cute elephant sounds out there (think Dumbo or Jungle Book)I can't figure out why they wouldn't pick something a little less frightening.

The tiger was next and I had started to laugh before I even squeezed its belly. Now this one was more realistic almost sounded like a recording of a real tiger letting out a big ol' roar. So yeah, acceptable, but after the first two, this toy was still getting high marks on the scary factor. A realistic tiger roar is good, but still unsettling.

The last one I listened to was the hippo. It makes a bubblig sound. Cute and purple (if they are going for realistic, as the animal sounds imply, why make it purple?) but just not enough to make me like the toy. Not a keeper in my book.

Bottom line if you have a child who likes to roar and is into scary animal sounds, this toy is great. I give them props for realism. I just don't think my 14 month old will enjoy it and even if she did, my husband and I wouldn't.

**Update: My parents were in town and saw this toy on the table where I was prepping to mail it back. Without me talking to them about it, they had the same reaction when they took the animals out! Terrible sound effects!**

Want Aurora Plush Baby 6" My Photo Safari Carrier with Sound Discount?

We were given this toy for our 7-month-old son a few weeks ago and we LOVE IT! The toy is perfect for our son he can grab the car/jeep by the handle and swing it around. He loves opening the top and pulling out all of the animals. The animals are all just the right size for his little hands.

The giraffe and the hippo make funky noises (not realistic at all) but other than that the toy is a lot of fun and will be a good learning tool as he gets older.

Save 29% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment